2013 BOMBER RULES Mar 8, 2013 13:40:10 GMT -5
Post by Warren and Toni Draughn on Mar 8, 2013 13:40:10 GMT -5
2013 BOMBER RULES[/font][/em][/strong]
(SAME AS LAST YEAR)
* US models, any year allowed. No sub-compact, station wagons or pickups allowed.
* Must be complete OEM body, OEM replacement parts OK. Racing Nose and Tail piece OK.
* Door panels may be removed to facilitate roll bars only. Front and rear inner fenders may be removed. Fender trimming only as needed.
* Must have stock firewall, floorpans, and rear firewall. Holes may be patched with sheet medal to completely seal firewalls.
* Doors must be solidly welded or bolted shut.
* Protective windshield bars and/or screen for drivers protection mandatory.
* 6 point roll cage mandatory, minimum 3 bars in drivers door. (square tube bottom bar recommended to mount seat bracket onto cage)
* No bars to protrude outside of body.
* Wheel base 108" minimum.
* Engine must match car (Chevy, Chevy; Ford, Ford, etc)
* Cast blocks and heads only. No aluminum.
* Cast iron intakes or aluminum intakes allowed.
* Full roller rockers or roller tips allowed.
* No 1 spark plug hole no more than 1 inch behind top ball joint (engine set-back)
* HEI or MSD ignitions allowed. No Magnetos.
* Headers allowed.
* Normally asperated 2 or 4 barrel carburetors, one carb only. No fuel injection, tunnel rams, turbos, or blowers.
* Radiator must remain in original location inside hood. No remote mounting except for oil coolers.
* Racing fuel cell mandatory sufficently mounted with steel tubing and minimum of 2- 1/8" X 2" steel safety straps. (recommended 1" X 1" minimum square steel tubing safety cage)
* Stock frames only, unibody cars may be tied together for strength.
* No racing control arms allowed, no weight jacks (external adjustable), no welding on control arms.
* One shock per wheel as close to stock location as possible. No coil over shocks or aluminum body shocks.
* 8 or 10 inch wide steel racing rims allowed. No aluminum. Bead locks are allowed in bomber.
* 1 inch lug nuts mandatory on all wheels for safety.
* 8 inch racing tires permitted (American Racer, Hoosier, Goodyear) No mud or snow tires allowed.
* Car must weigh 3,200 pounds before qualifying, after heats, and after feature.
* No aftermarket racing transmissions. Must use OEM stock transmissions only. (No Bert, Brinn, Falcon, etc transmissions)
* Stock OEM type rear ends only.
* 9 inch floaters are allowed in all cars (Chevy, Ford, Chrysler, etc)[/p]