2010 BOHV SERIES Economy Class Rules Feb 10, 2010 15:02:26 GMT -5
Post by B.O.H.V. Series PR on Feb 10, 2010 15:02:26 GMT -5
2010 B.O.H.V. SERIES
ECONOMY CLASS RULES
ECONOMY CLASS RULES
This class is designed as a beginner or low budget class. All rules set forth are designed to make sure that all internal parts of the engines are to remain in box stock condition and to make the performance as equal as possible. Anyone getting caught cheating will be suspended indefinitely (LIFETIME) from future events. Suspension will be for Kart, Driver, Engine Sealer, Owner, Engine & ANY ENGINE PART found to be illegal. (Note: Any engine or part found to be illegal shall be marked as modified.) The following rules are black & white (do’s and don’ts) with no grey areas.
1. Only series approved 6.5 O.H.V. engines are allowed to enter in the Economy Classes. (SERIES OWNER / PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO APPROVE OR DISAPPROVE ANY 6.5 O.H.V. ENGINE.)
2. All engines must be new in box and taken to an approved engine sealer. (A list of approved sealers will be furnished upon request.) If engine appears to have been tampered with in any way, IT WILL NOT BE SEALED.
3. Sealing price per engine will be $28.00 plus bolt and seal kit. (This price includes the following: disabling of governor, checking and setting valve lash, mark ignition timing, installation of bolt & seal kit and disabling oil sensor switch upon request.)
4. No modifications can be made to internal or external parts of engine, other than specified header & throttle linkage. Any throttle linkage may be used but must be approved for safety.
5. Header must be purchased from the engine sealer. This way all headers will remain within spec. (Track reserves right to mandate mufflers.)
6. Header must be wrapped with header wrap for driver safety.
7. All engines must run on unleaded pump gas. No fuel additives of any kind are permitted. Track reserves the right to check fuel at any time. Refusing to have fuel checked will be considered cheating and a suspension will be issued. (max. 750)
8. Engine oil will be at owners choice. No upper lubricants or power enhancers of any kind permitted.
9. Clutch must be show type, either Noram, Masters of Motion or Maxi Torque ect., in all B.O.H.V. Economy 6.5 Series Classes. (NO DISC CLUTCHES OF ANY KIND ALLOWED.)
10. Absolutely no Honda or aftermarket parts are permitted in or on these engines to be run in the Economy 6.5 Classes.
11. No porting, polishing, grinding, decking, drilling, clearencing, glass beading of any internal part of engine. All ports and manifolds must pass a no go guage.
12. Must run #35 chain on all classes. Clutch & axle gears are open in all classes.
13. No modifications of any kind to carburetors.
14. Factory kill switches are mandatory in all kids classes. Adult classes do not have to run a kill switch.
15. ALL CLASSES MUST HAVE A REMOTE FUEL TANK IN FLOOR PAN WITH PULSE TYPE FUEL PUMP. (Place T fitting in blow by tube for pulse.)
16. Kids classes must run series approved restrictor plates. (Restrictor plates must be purchased from engine sealer.)
17. Tire rule is open to any slick tire. No grooved tires allowed. (Driver must be aware of track rules.)
18. Tire preps will be at track owners discretion. (Driver must be aware of track rules.)
19. All engines and engine parts are subject to inspection upon request made by any qualified personnel. (Refusal of request will be considered cheating and a suspension will be issued.)
20. Ignition timing must remain stock. No modifying of flywheel key or keyway.
21. Tachometers are permitted in all classes.
22. All class entries must be able to furnish an engine agreement form upon request made by track personnel. These forms will be supplied by the engine sealer. Both sections must be completed by both engine sealer and owner of the engine.
23. If engine seal is broken by anyone other than approved engine sealer, approved or series promoter, engine must be checked and before it is resealed by a sealer, sealer must contact SERIES PROMOTER before engine is resealed and a resealing fee of $28.00 will be paid by engine owner. (TRACK PERSONNEL ARE NOT PERMITTED FO REMOVE SEAL(S) FROM ENGINE FOR ANY REASON.)
24. No rebuilding of engines in B.O.H.V. 6.5 Series Classes. (A new engine can be purchased cheaper than rebuilding charges.)
25. Tracks running series, reserve the right to deny entry into a class. (Promoter must be notified by track personnel.)
26. Promoter reserves the right to change a rule due to safety issues at anytime without notice.
27. Series Owner / Promoter will have final say in any disputes concerning engine rules.
28. Track technician must be approved by Series Promoter.
29. Ages and Weights in all classes will be determined by each individual track. (You must refer to your local track rules.)
30. Rookie Stock and Junior Stock classes must run restrictor plate. (Restrictor plate must be series plate and purchased from engine sealer.)
31. ALL replacement parts with the exception of spark plugs must be purchased thru the series.
32. Annual membership fee of $40.00 per member to join series sponsored races. You will be given a membership card that has to be shown at any POINTS race. For a receipt and membership ID, please send a self addressed stamped envelope to the address below.
SEND ALL PAPERWORK & MONEY TO:
4045 BAUER LANE
MAYSVILLE, KY. 41056
SERIES OWNER / PROMOTER